Our mission: To develop new therapies for type 1 and type 2 diabetes
The primary business of Fairbanks Pharmaceuticals is to conduct the research that ultimately will lead to development of novel diabetes therapies based on increased beta cell regeneration.
Learn about Fairbanks Pharmaceuticals
- (March 2017) Fairbanks was selected to present at the Massachusetts Technology Transfer Center Early-Stage Life Center’s Technology Conference...Read more
- (February 2017) Fairbanks presented its introductory pitch to potential mentors at MassBio’s MassCONNECT 2017 kick-off meeting. MassCONNECT matches entrepreneurs and founders with seasoned life sciences professionals to catalyze and commercialize innovation…Read more
- (January 2017) Fairbanks has successfully met all SBIR Phase I milestones and has submitted a Phase II application to focus on in vivo therapeutic benefits.
- (December 2016) Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (BI) selected Fairbanks to compete for their Boston Innovation Prize…Read more
- (December 2016) Fairbanks Pharmaceuticals awarded a pilot grant from the UMass Office of the President’s Science and Technology Fund… Read more
- (Sept 2016) Fairbanks Pharmaceuticals selected as a semi-finalist in the Diabetes Innovation Challenge… Read more
- (April 2016) Fairbanks Pharmaceuticals awarded Phase 1 SBIR grant for $192,101 by NIDDK/NIH… Read more
- (April 2016) Fairbanks scientists collaborated on a published study in which labeled alpha cells appear to transdifferentiate into insulin-producing beta cells supporting our therapeutic development work at Fairbanks. Read more
- Read about the science behind our work.
- Background on CEO/CSO Alan Schneyer here and here.
- Sign up at to the right to receive email updates with our latest news.